Super easy and fast recipe! We used what we had on hand and the herbs could easy be substituted! We have fresh chives on the porch that need to be used up so I figured this would be a great use! And Aurora loves feta cheese so we added that too! This was very experimental and it ended up great!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 25m
- Serves: 4
- 1 Sockeye Salmon Filet (Fresh, Wild Caught)
- 1 Orange
- 2 tbsp. Chives (I used fresh)
- pinch Salt
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Line a large glass baking dish with parchment paper for easy cleaning, or skip the disposable/trash and brush some olive oil or butter on the bottom of the glass dish. I prefer Pyrex.
- Place the filet skin side down onto the baking dish
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze half of the orange over the top of the salmon
- Sprinkle the filet lightly with salt and the cut up chives
- With the other half of the orange, squeeze the juice into a measuring cup or bowl. Mix in the Feta cheese with the orange juice
- Evenly spread the Feta cheese onto the filet and squeeze any remaining juice onto the filet
- Place in the oven, in the middle rack, and cook for 20 min
- Remove promptly so that the filet doeskin overcook
- Lightly garnish with Chive flowers (if you have them) for a nice finishing touch!
- Serve with a light summer salad, fresh vegetables, or a portion of rice. Enjoy!